Friday, 12 July 2013

My Baking Centre

I love baking! I try to bake at least once a week to give the flat something delicious for morning tea and for when visitors pop over. But what I really love when it comes to baking is when I'm baking for a special occasion like a Birthday Party or Christmas Party. 

I've managed to produce some amazing baking from my little kitchen. These cookies and cake were created for my First Annual Christmas Party last year by myself and my friend Kimmy. The photos were taken by Kimmy's very talented sister Lucinda over at Lucinda Morris Photography, check out more of her work here. 


Sadly, my kitchen is teeny weeny and doesn't have huge amounts of storage space so I have to be creative when it comes to storing all my baking tools and ingredients.. Because really, there is baking paraphernalia overflowing in our house. 

Enter my baking centre. 


This repurposed bookcase has been turned into the hub of my baking activities. It holds the majority of my basic ingredients and a chunk of my tools. 


It sits just outside the kitchen for easy access.


My dislike for plastic means I have scoured op shops, retail stores and the Internet for glass jars that aren't too pricey. I find that large, repourposed Moccona coffe jars are perfect for smaller amounts of ingredients like Baking Cocoa and Baking Powder.


The medium and large jars hold the bigger volumes of ingredients such as white flour and white sugar and have been picked up at different op shops throughout the years.


Oils and vinegars are housed on the bottom shelf along with a burlap box hiding food colouring, sprinkles and other baking goodies.

I actually love my baking centre, seeing my ingredients out in the open always sparks my baking motivation and it's a nice way of having functional but eye appealing decor.


How do you guys store all your ingredients and tools? I have another cupboard of baking items that really needs to be organised, it's deep but narrow so will need a creative solution. Any ideas would be great!


No comments:

Post a Comment