Op Shop, Thrift Store, Second Hand Store.. call it what you like, I love them. So much easier than TradeMe and so much cheaper than regular stores (most of the time). There are so many treasures to be found in these shops of unwanted goods and I am a treasure hunter. A good one (I like to think so at least).
I have one friend in particular who loves to see some of my finds since we talk about home stuff all the time but only rarely get to see each other. And everyone who comes to my home knows I like to crow about my finds. So this is me crowing online, and I know at least one of you will be interested. These are just a few things I found recently that I really love.
I found these cool little mini milk bottles for 50c each. These retail from anywhere between $3.00 - $20.00 each and are all the craze at the moment for weddings and parties as a different way to drink your refreshments. I have a different plan in mind for mine, mainly for mini vases on the window sill.
I found these cool little mini milk bottles for 50c each. These retail from anywhere between $3.00 - $20.00 each and are all the craze at the moment for weddings and parties as a different way to drink your refreshments. I have a different plan in mind for mine, mainly for mini vases on the window sill.
These tiny bottles with rubber stoppers have to be one of my favourite finds of all time. I found them in a little brown wooden holder for $4.00. $4 whole dollars! I actually couldn't believe it because these things are hard to find and the fit my tastes perfectly because I HATE plastic. I have a special place planned for these in my baking centre.
I scored these two fantastic lamps for $15 each from different stores. They are both big lamps and would usually cost a lot more. They will both need great lamp shades but since I'm not sure where I will put them yet, that will have to wait until later.
So those are just a few of my recent favourite finds. I'm sure you will see them around the house so keep an eye out in future posts. And as always, I'm sure there will be more soon. Let me know if you have any particularly awesome finds or know of any great Auckland Op Shops that I need to check out.



You should totally join in with Max @ Opshop Showoff on Tuesdays. So many great finds on your blog - come crow to fellow opshop-aholics!!!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.blackbirdhasspoken.com/