Wednesday, 1 May 2013

My Office Storage



My home office is done, mostly. I've bought a great chair off TradeMe, so once I pick up that and add a few finishing touches I'll be able to reveal the finished product.  But really I'm so happy with it I can't help looking at it whenever I get the chance.


So after building my plank desk and finding a cool set of industrial shelving from The Warehouse, I headed out to pick up some storage boxes. Inspired by some other pretty offices on Pinterest like this one from Better Homes and Garden (granted this is very styled) I kept my eye out for white storage boxes as I trawled the shops. 




I found the A4 storage boxes at Whitcoulls who currently have a sweet deal of buy 2 or more and get 50% which means I got all 6 boxes for $24. Boom! The CD boxes are from The Warehouse, the blue concertina folder from Warehouse Stationary (on sale for $15) along with the two ring binders for my Disaster work and Nanny work. 

I use the A4 Boxes on the shelf for different types of paper as well as page protectors and folders. The CD boxes are used for cables, photo storage and software. 


The A4 boxes on the desk house Current Work and General Stationary.


On the other side of the desk are my recycled pen holders, sequestered from the kitchen thanks to the consumption of some baked beans, fruit salad and tomato sauce (not eaten all together, nor all by me) which now hold my colour pencils, black pens (its one of my little quirks where I only like to write with black pens) and some of my paint brushes. 




I can't wait to get the chair, add a lamp and a couple of other things and declare my office officially done!

2 comments:

  1. Super cool Katie. You are such a homemaker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heidi! Yea I am a bit of one :P

    ReplyDelete