Wednesday, 8 May 2013

I dream of white couches

Now that my home office is pretty much done, my thoughts turn towards our living room. The living room is one of my least liked rooms in the house.  This is a bit of problem since its really the heart of the house and I spend so much time here with my flatmates and friends. 

Its something about the mixture of colours which consist of two shades of browns on the walls, multiple types of wood finish and pink, green (vinyl!) and cream couches. Then there is the hoards of electronics that leave cables all over the floor.






My dream lounge and dining room oozes light and calm and is filled with comfy fabrics and warm lighting. Kind of like these ones.




I love those white walls. Love love love. We have brown walls. Which I can't paint.

But more than those white walls, I love the white couches. And adore. I adore them. White couches are the couches of my dreams. And thankfully, white couches are well within my reach. So based around my white couch dreams and brown walls, I have created this mood board.


This Loving Home - Living Room


I love the mix of rustic wood and classic navy mixed with the warm sheepskin and white breezy curtains to lighten up the place a little. And while there is yellow in the colour palette, I think I will be leaning to something a little more tanned rather than yellow.

So here's the plan for the living room:

  1. Sew white slipcovers for the couches starting with the green vinyl ones until I can save for the white couch shown above from here.
  2. Hunt down a wing back chair to reupholster in a classy navy blue
  3. Strip back the chest of draws to natural wood and turn into a media centre with hinged draw fronts and hidden cables. 
  4. Hang white curtains
  5. Get a new coffee table. This one hopefully.  
  6. Create a mirror wall
  7. Find or create some awesome art work
  8. Define an entrance way (somehow!)
  9. Find or make some ottomans and floor poufs for extra seating and comfort
  10. Find a large rug to define the area better 
  11. Tidy the cords around the doors
  12. Buy some new throws (that I actually like)
  13. Recover some of the cushion in large prints and nice colours
  14. Find a sheepskin
This won't be the cheapest project around so will take a little while to complete but I'm determined to do it. I'll be starting with the slipcovers... I can not wait to see my white couches come to life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment