Friday, 19 October 2012

Tray Beautiful

I love wooden trays. I'm not sure why exactly but something about them makes me feel happy. Its probably partly because they help contain things and keep things in order which always makes me feel good.

This particular wooden tray was sitting battered in a Salvation Army store for $4.00. The finish had been damaged (by heat I think) but I loved the little gold fittings so I snapped it up.


I took him home along with some gorgeous navy blue paint whose name escapes me now and set to work. The gold fittings came off, the paint went on along with a clear gloss coat to protect the blue guy. I screwed the gold fittings back in place and this easy project was finished. 
 

I've given old bluey a home on a coffee table to contain some magazines and a few of my favourite decorative items. The colour is actually much darker in real life and a bit brighter. I love him.


It's one of my first projects in my new house (I have more to come) and I'm so happy with how it turned out. This guy below is the next tray waiting for some new threads. 

1 comment:

  1. came back to read this post for like the 5th time, i know i said this already but i love the horsehead bookend, you spray paint it?

    i was sat gawking for ages at your paint job on the tray, wondering how you didn't get any on the brass when i read that you took them off and screwed them back on again. haha was thinking you were the tray painting equivalent to picasso darling xxxxx

    ReplyDelete