Saturday, 8 September 2012

A New Adventure

AND A NEW HOME!



In just under two weeks, I'll be leaving the familiarity of my parents house (again) and heading back into the world of rented homes.



Along with my friends Joel and Simon (two of the coolest guys from church) I've been searching the listings for a perfect 3 bedroom home. We found a few we liked, some we didn't and some where we walked out of almost straight way. We ended up applying for 5 houses and being offered 2, but this little gingerbread gem is the one we chose.

We are all students so our budget isn't huge but we wanted a 3 or 4 bedroom place with decent sized bedrooms, cat friendly (for little Scout), a garage for storage, close in location to our church (where we are all involved with a lot) and close to a train station. It also had to have a clean and semi new interior. We may be students but there was no way we wanted to live in a dirty hole.



Our gingerbread house has all these factors plus a heat pump (YAY for warmth in winter) and a dishwasher (YAY no hand washing dishes). It also has a second toilet which is so handy for guests.


We also wanted a bit of an outdoor entertaining area, this little house doesn't have much of one but we can create a really nice one easily enough.



We have lots of huge plans for the house to make it homey and welcoming. We all want it to be a place of rest and love for all our friends and family. And we know it will be a frequent destination for the young adults of our church which is perfect.

And the first thing I'll be doing when I move in is hiding those ugly bins and chair around the other side of the fence. And I am so ecstatic to be able to pull all my home goodies out of storage for the world to see. They have been hiding for too long.

So there will be a lot more regular blogging in the future. I have a whole lot of DIY projects up my sleeve so watch out for those. And expect a lot of content on Rented Home Decor. I'm going to have to come up with some out of the box ideas for making a rented house something that is mine.

Having a home for myself again has been a long time coming.

2 comments:

  1. less than a week to go!
    so excited!

    brought anything new lately for your new home?
    i like your new pinterest board for rented homes- this is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I know! I am bursting with excitement. The time is going so slow.

    And yes! Yesterday I went out and bought two stainless steel toilet brush sets, two little toilet rubbish bins and another soap dispenser for my two new toilets. Glamorous eh? But actually so excited. But I've pilfered two chest of drawers from my parents garage to re do for my bedroom and to turn into a media console for our lounge :D Can't wait to move.

    ReplyDelete